PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Kinder and Gentler Rejections

The other day I received the nicest rejection ever. It almost made me feel as though I had accomplished something. It read:

Thanks for your interest in our agency. As you may know, I run a very small business and unfortunately there are periods when the time that I have to consider new material is very limited. Unfortunately you've caught me during one of those periods. Since I can not offer to consider your work in a timely manner I must pass with the hope that you will find an agent who can offer the attention that this deserves.

Sincerely,

Then there is this short reply from the owner of an agency that gives the author a slim hope for acceptance. I'll get back with you on how this one goes:

I'm passing your query on to Xxx Xxxxxxx, another editor in my company.

Sincerely,

No comments: