PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Another Nice Rejection

I received another nice rejection today. This agent had my query and book proposal for more than a week, so she actually had plenty of time to review the material. Her reply was upbeat and most considerate and gave me the impression it was not a form letter. Here it is:

Dear Mr. Brailey,

Thank you for your query, but I’m afraid I’ve decided to pass on your project. Since you will want to find an agent with complete enthusiasm for your work, unfortunately I am not the right person to represent you.

You should know that my decision is based on my workload and the type of material I'm currently representing. It is not in any way a reflection on the quality of your work, and I encourage you to continue to seek representation.

Thanks again for the opportunity to consider your project.

Best wishes,

It's rejections like that that give a writer the motivation to keep on contacting agents.

No comments: