PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Still Seeking an Agent

I've received a rejection from the agent I pitched to this weekend. I am a little disappointed, I really liked her. She's an extremely nice person who led a few workshops I attended. But if she feels a work doesn't seem right for her, that's the way it goes. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of good agents out there and I will find the one suited for me.

I do appreciate the prompt reply this agent provided me and the positive tack she took in her rejection e-mail. Here is what she said::

Dear Jeff,

It was such a pleasure to meet you this weekend!
Thanks for sending THE GHOSTS OF NOVEMBER (great
title!) to me. I regret that after a careful read
yesterday I'm going to be passing on the book. I
think this is interesting (and have since I did a
report on Jonestown many years ago for school!) but it
just doesn't feel like a fit for my list. I think
you'd do well to try and match up with an agent who
has a strong true crime/mystery list for example (no
names come to mind, but there are many!)

I hope you'll keep me in mind for other projects down
the line and I send you my warmest wishes for your
success with it!

Warmly,


So this evening, after calling my wife, who happens to be in the Big Apple pitching her novel tomorrow, I sent another proposal to another agent. Most accept, even prefer, corresponding by e-mail so responses are much quicker now.

No comments: