PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Friday, April 27, 2007

My Reply to Ms. Fine's Reply

I decided to go ahead and reply to Ms. Fine. Let's see where this leads to. There may be a book, or at least a magazine article in this.

Here is the reply to the reply:

Ms Fine,

I am sure I can keep sales up, especially if I am able to find an agent who can light a fire under a publisher to get the book out before November 2008. Currently, I work in Nigeria West Africa, 28 days on and 28 days off, which gives me about a month every other month to market. Fortunately, my contract will be up the summer of 2008 and if the book gets published I plan to market it full time for the first six months to year. I have made a ton of money overseas so can afford to take time off, which I planned to do anyway, if I don't retire from that line of work and start writing full time.

I do well on radio talk shows and will get an ad in Radio & Television Interview magazine and I also have a database of media and bookstores, particularly black bookstores where this book will do well.

My wife is a journalist/author who at this very moment is pitching her novel at the Algonkian Writers Conference in NYC. I just returned from the Pikes Peak Writers Conference in Colorado Springs and return to Africa tomorrow. Since I only had three weeks off this time, that only gave us one weekend together, but we both are very invested in the writing process. As I said in my e-mail, I do have two other projects I am prepared to begin.

If you need any other information, feel free to ask. WL does not seem to be like most literary agencies I am familiar with. Does it work along the same lines as a traditional agency?

Thanks for your prompt reply to my query. I am looking forward to finding an agent so we can begin the process of pitching to a publisher.

Sincerely,

Jeff Brailey

Sherry Fine - VP of Acquisitions <Selfpubmanuscript@wlwritersagency.com> wrote:
4000 sales is good/great.. can you keep that going?

No comments: